The morning of my 31st birthday we woke up to a world of white. The school district had called at 5 in the morning letting us know that school was canceled. The kids celebrated the fact that we were all snowed in. Craig worked from home. I took the kids for a ride on the red sled but it didn't last long because it was so terribly cold. The kind of cold where your eyes start watering and you just want to shelter your face. After playing in the snow I kind of mopped around our dirty house refusing to clean on my birthday. What a bum! I was pretty ornery. I resented the fact that we didn't get to go do anything fun on my birthday. Instead I was stuck inside a dirty house that desperately needed to be picked up and cleaned. I decided I wasn't going to clean on my birthday but I can't really relax when it's dirty either. Luckily daddy came to the rescue and did the dishes on his lunch break and then picked up the rest of the house after he finished working. He also braved the weather to go to the store and pick up a German Chocolate Cake for me. Yay for daddy saving the day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment