Dec 13, 2013

Gingerbread House .. and other happenings


We make a Gingerbread house every December.  Ty wanted to eat all the candies for decorating and was furious when the other kids wouldn't let him.  Jace kept teasing that he was going to eat it before we finished then he kept bugging Brooke and telling her that her side was ugly.  By the end only Brooke was left to take a picture by it because Ty got distracted and Jace was in time out.  Jace didn't have the best day today.  He refused to get ready and go to school this morning.  I finally had to drag him by the ear out of bed (being that he is on the top bunk and I am preggo huge this was quite the task) and put his clothes on for him, and force him out the door all while he was screaming horrible things to me.  I was emotionally spent by the time he was out the door and spent the next hour crying and looking at methods of anger management for kids.  Craig stayed home an extra half hour and hugged me.  Then I decided to not let his episode ruin my first day of having them back in school after being snowed in for a week.  I went shopping with a friend and that helped.  Jace was really good when he got home for school and felt really bad that he hurt my feelings.  Brooke and Ty fell asleep so it was just he and I.  He is great when he's not competing for attention or having to be around Brooke.  They are like cats and dogs lately.  After building our gingerbread house I had an awesome Relief Society Activity that totally rejuvenated me. I took Brooke with me and it was wonderful.   Being a mom is hard.  I am NOT a perfect mom and never will be. .. but I am learning everyday.  

Jace being a stinker and acting like he's going to eat all the candy.

Ty upset because he can't eat all the candy.



All done.  So fun that my kids are old enough to do the decorating by themselves.  

No comments: