Nov 28, 2013

Sick Boy

We have all been sick last few weeks but Ty has been the worst.  It made it extra hard that Craig was gone for a whole week to Washington D.C. for work right as Ty and I were coming down with something.  Ty screamed for 3 nights in a row, refused naps, refused to eat and was just a grouch.  I also didn't feel well, nobody was getting any sleep and we still had to get up early every morning to get the big kids to the school bus stop by 6:50am with packed lunches in hand.  It was a terrible week.  We also volunteered to care for one of our friends 4 chickens while they were on vacation for 2 weeks.  Normally we love this but it just ended up being bad timing with Craig being gone and being sick and sleep deprived.  I finally took Ty to the doctor and both of his ears were infected so he's now on Amoxicillin and feeling a little bit better.  I set up a little tent with the humidifier for him to sleep in.  Mostly he just wanted to snuggle and watch Disney's Cars dvd over and over again.  I think I can quote that whole movie by now.  Most kids want to snuggle a blanket when they aren't feeling well.  Not Ty, he snuggled his little black Mack Truck.


No comments: