Apr 14, 2012
Stitches
On Thursday morning I dropped the kids off to school, dropped off Craig to work and had reserved the rest of the morning to get a workout in and clean up the house since Craig's dad, Robert, would be arriving in the afternoon to surprise the kids. None of that happened though. About 10 minutes after arriving back home I got a call from Craig letting me know that there had been an accident at the school and Jace was hurt. I rushed over to his Elementary school and found him in the nurses office. He had a paper towel covering his wound and when he removed it I cringed. I knew the second I saw it that he would need stitches. I rushed him out of there and made my way back to Thunderbird to pick up Craig and get to an InstaCare .... but not before stopping at home to grab Jace's Silver Dollar. (He has recently become interested in coins so I gave him the silver dollar I had received from high school graduation. He carries it around with him and likes to check the market everyday to see if the price of silver has gone up or down. It cracks me up. I know that someday he is going to be so successful ... but I may have to remind him to get dressed, brush his teeth, and drive him to work. lol) After picking up Craig we headed over to InstaCare and were there for a few hours. Craig had to leave to go get Brooke from Preschool so Jace and I chatted about all sorts of things. I asked him what happened. He ended up tripping on some playground equipment and hitting his head on something that connects the slides. I asked him why he didn't like Harry Potter? ("because it's not real") and he asked me what my favorite pet would be ("a salt water aquarium full of fish and coral") etc... They put a topical numbing gel on his cut, then did a shot of numbing solution, then the stitching. In all he received 9 stitches. Yikes! It was quite the cut. An inch long and right down to the bone. He did so well with the whole situation. He followed all the Doctor's directions and he didn't cry at all. He should get his stitches out on Tuesday of next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, poor little guy. That looks sore. Tell him I'm proud of him for being such a tough little guy while they stitched him up.
Ouch. That looks like it really hurts. We have done that quite a few times so Rhett invested in a suture kit. Lol. Hang in there buddy eyebrows are overrated and chicks dif scars ;)
He's lucky he's not a girl that has to worry about shaping her eyebrows later like I was! :) That's a good one! Glad he handled it so well, what tough guy!
Geez...what a tough little dude. Lily would have been a MESS.
Poor kid, he looks so tough in his pictures. I love that he looks up the price of silver. lol. He's so funny.
I have not checked you blog in a while. I also just realized you had commented on a post on our blog a while ago and I just saw it today. I am not the best at keeping up with blogging:) Poor Jace! What a tough kid though! Brooke is beautiful! And Ty is so big and cute and chubby!
Post a Comment