The kids have LOVED being at my parents house. Things were pretty boring at our house before we left due to the first trimester tired spell and the nausea. I wasn't the funnest mommy ever. Now they have so many fun things to do they don't know quite what to do with themselves. They have had fun jumping on the trampoline every day, going on snail hunts with grandma in the backyard, playing in the kiddie pool, playing fetch with the dogs, playing the wii, making crafts with grandma, swimming at the city pool, and riding on grandpa's speeder boat at Sand Hollow reservoir. They especially love it when cousins come over to play. I have loved having the extra help and being able to rest, have someone to go walking with, getting massages (having massage therapist sisters is AWESOME!), and eating tons of nectarines. They are my fav. right now. I eat at least 3 a day and I'm down to only barfing around once a day.... sometimes I even go a few days in between. YAY! I'm a few days away from starting my 2nd trimester and have already noticed a bit of an energy boost. My dad, Justin, and Jenny & Aaron are doing a triathlon in a few months and I have joined in their swimming training since it's still easy on my body - I'm passing on the running and biking. We have started to go to the lake a few times a week and swim 800 meters. It feels great to get some exercise in and to cool off. I'm proud to say that even in my pregnant state I can still beat the boys... sorry dad... I had to rub it in a bit. Jenny is always first though. I learned fast not to try and keep up with her or I end up barfing afterwards. Poor Julie can't get wet because of the pick line in her arm and still has a lot of very sick days. She has been such a trooper through her pregnancy. She's now 30 weeks and in 2 weeks the doctors with start monitoring the baby's lungs to see how early they can induce. She does an I.V. in the morning and one in the evening and takes medicine through her pick line every 3 hours. She is finally looking pregnant now and looks cute. I'm going to take some maternity pics of her soon. For selfish reasons I hope that she waits to deliver until after I get back from my trip to Peru to see Craig. We are both staying here with my parents since both of our husbands are gone for work over the summer so we have house full of pregnant women. I look forward to seeing Craig again.. in person. Skype isn't quite the same. I'm really excited for my trip to Peru.
 |
| Grandma's backyard is tons of fun! |
 |
| Crafting with Grandma ... she has something new to do almost every day. What a fun Grandma! |
 |
| Here are Brooke's butterfly and Lantern crafts. |
No comments:
Post a Comment