Feb 16, 2010

Double Birthday Bash!

With Robert visiting we decided to do a double birthday bash this yr. His was back in January but he was traveling with work and didn't really get to celebrate. I remember the kids talking to him on the phone eager to hear about what kind of cake he was having. When he told them that he wasn't having a cake - Jace was really sad. He thought it would be a great idea to have a party for him here. . .so that's what we did. Since I'm still trying to be 'good' with my healthy livin' challenge that ends at the end of the month I really didn't want 2 cakes around so we just combined the two parties.

I can't believe I'm 26. I feel old. I've noticed that I can no longer just eat whatever I want anymore . .and if I don't do lots of exercise - I see the end results on my butt. . . it sucks! I was planning on running a half marathon with my siblings and dad in April but do to a pulled muscle and shin splints . . it has been canceled. Hopefully we will all still be able to do the 5K. We'll see . . . I took 2 weeks off of running but I'm ready to get started up again. Anyways, I LOVE being a mommy and a wife. Life is pretty darn good. I'm a lucky lady.

Here are some pics from our party:


We did blue and white candles on Grandpa's side and pink and white ones on my side.






Yum yum . . triple chocolate cake!



It was funny because Brooke was very impatient and ready for the party to start. She even put herself in her 'eating' chair herself and was like

"IT'S CAKE TIME . . . COME ON!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is great! love the pictures!