Sep 8, 2009

Jace's First Day of Preschool.



Here is my big boy ready for his first day.



Brooke was so sad that she didn't get to go to school too. The entire morning was one big temper tantrum. She just kept saying " I wanna go a skoow too" then Jace would say something like "I get to go to school and you don't. Neiner neiner neiner." I tried to explain that she wasn't quite big enough for school but then she would just fall to the floor and kick her legs. She went downstairs in threw all the DVD's on the floor in protest. Sometimes it's hard being the littlest. She won't be the littlest forever though. I'm trying not to blink because before I know it they will both be grown with families of their own. I let her put a backpack on too and that helped a little bit. Daddy came home on his lunch break and we all took Jace to his first day. He was a little scared at first and he didn't want me to leave but as soon as I was gone I knew he would be fine. Before I knew it, it was time to go pick him up. He was very excited to see me when I came to get him. I was a little early and they were all sitting on their mats finishing up a book about feelings. Ms. Jeannie asked Jace to make an angry face and his face scrunched all up and he gave her the evil eye that I get all the time. She was like, wow, that was a good one. He ran over to me and showed me the green leap frog that he made at school. He was very proud of it. We put it on the fridge as soon as we got home. He had a great first day. His teacher is wonderful.

1 comment:

The Olsen Family said...

Poor little Brookie! Taylor has a hard time dropping Carter off too! I gave Ryker back the binky and he is back to his happy go lucky self again! How is everything going for you guys? Tell Jace good job on being such a big boy to be in school!