Feb 11, 2009
Brooke Michelle Brammer, 18 Months Already?
I wanted to do a child tag for Brooke. I can't believe that my baby is 18months old now. They grow too fast! I wish she would stay my little princess forever but it is nice to have her in nursery now at church. They should start that at 12 months instead of 18.
Birth Date: Brooke was born at LDS Hospital in SLC, Utah on August 13, 2007. She was induced a week early. Her due date was actually August 19, 2007. I was having intense back labor for the last month and was on bed rest for a week after going to the Hospital at 35 weeks . .she was ready to come but they were worried about her health and gave me morphine to stop the contractions. After that she seemed content to stay until we forced her out on the 13th.
Age today: 18 months old
Named After: Brooke was a name that both Craig and I liked. Growing up I loved the names Laurel and Cherish but Craig didn't want to name our girl either of those. We decided between Brooke and Jenna. Jenna may be the name of our next girl because we both still really like it. Craig let me decide between the two and it was SOO hard. Finally a couple hours after she was born I prayed and felt like her name should be Brooke. Her middle name Michelle is after a very good friend of mine: Michelle Rich. Michelle was one of my college roommates and one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She was killed in a car accident in Oct. of 2004. I still think about her often and I told myself then that when I have a girl I wanted to have her middle name be Michelle. I just hope that I am able to raise Brooke Michelle up to be as amazing a person as Michelle Rich.
Nicknames: Brookie, Brookie bean, Rollie pollie angel, baby girl, little sweetie heart, snuggle muffin.
Favorite Food: Brooke loves to eat! When she had her 4month well check she was 90% for weight and 50% for height. Everyone joked that I must have been producing straight cream because she was so "pleasantly plump"! I actually nursed her until she was 14 months old (I was WAY past ready to be done at that time but she just had a suckling issue and I couldn't resist her pouts) Brooke loves all food but if I had to peg a couple of her favorites it would be strawberries, and mini marshmallows. If I ever needed to see her smile I would grab a couple mini marshmallows and she would be all smiles and happiness!
Least Favorite Food: It is very unlike Brooke to reject anything that is edible . .she is my food motivated child. She however, refuses to eat Watermelon, Cantaloupe, and Spinach.
Favorite Toy: Brooke loves her babies. She got lots of dolls for Christmas and loves to carry them around and give them kisses, and rides on her pink pony. She also loves anything that she can accessorize herself with including: necklaces, bracelets, and shoes. It doesn't matter whose shoes they are she likes putting them on. Whenever Jace has friends over I always find Brooke over in the shoe cubby trying on everyone else's shoes. She also makes her own accessories if she can't find any. For weeks she would wear an old cool whip container as a hat and she liked to wear one of Craig's old work ID badges.
Favorite Activities: Brooke loves swimming and dancing. She is my little fish and she just goes crazy whenever we go to the clubhouse pool. It scares me though because she really doesn't get scared and will just squirm right out of your arms so she can be free in the water. She is also my little dancer. She has been dancing since she was just months old. . .when she learned to sit she learned to swing her arms and move to the music. I often turn on some tunes just to see her break it down. I plan to put her in Ballet as soon as she is old enough . .probably 2-3 yrs. old. I know that she will enjoy it. Dancing is her passion.
Favorite Book: Right now her favorite book is her Word Book but she loves reading Baby Please Baby and I love you more with her daddy. She brings those books to him all the time. He is so animated when he reads to her and she just loves it. I can honestly say that she is a little daddy's girl.
Favorite Time of the Day: When daddy gets home from work she gets so excited she yells "dadadadadadad dadda" and does this little dance of excitement then she runs to him hugging his legs until he picks her up and they dance together.
Favorite item of clothing: Accessories, Accessories, Accessories!! Shoes, jewelry, and hats mostly.
Favorite movie: She loves watching anything elmo and home videos.
Personality: It's so fun to see how different every child is. Brooke is opposite of her older brother Jace. She doesn't really like to be in charge, she is very happy and easy going, she is very sensitive - she doesn't like having anyone mad at her. If she has upset someone in any way then she quickly gives them a hug. It's so hard to get mad at her because if she does something naughty and Craig and I say "NO" loudly to her she bursts into tears because she hates doing anything wrong. She is very loving and gives hugs and kisses often. I find her off playing by herself in her room all the time, she doesn't have to be entertained by someone else. She does get her feelings hurt easily. She is very creative and loves to color. It's funny because a lot of the time she tries to sneakily eat the crayon or chalk when I'm not looking. She knows this is wrong but it's just too tempting to her so if she gets caught she quickly starts coloring again and acts like nothing happened. She hasn't hit the stranger anxiety yet. We took her to nursery and she stayed the whole time and loved it. She is such a good sleeper too. I literally just put her in her crib at 8:00 and she goes to sleep until 7:00 the next morning. She is a sweet heart.
What makes her sad: When Jace beats up on her or doesn't want to include her. Usually a couple times a day she comes running to me "mamma mamma, ja ja" which means Jace gave her a bonk, took her toy or just didn't want to play with her. Ironically, it also makes her sad when Jace is taking a nap. She loves him so much and misses playing with him when he's sleeping.
What makes her happy: Snuggling with Jace on the couch watching Seasame Street, whenever I put her in her highchair and she knows it's time to eat, when daddy comes home from work and dances with her, and when mommy gives her kisses and plays tea party or dolls with her.
WE LOVE YOU BROOKE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is just so sweet! Your baby girl is just way too cute!
We totally need to get together this summer. WE are plannning a few camping trips out that way, and we need to catch up :)
Beautiful Brooke! I LOVE that pic of you and her in the park... so sweet!!!
Post a Comment