Well, this month has been interesting . . our car broke down, we thought that it was a possibility that Craig may get laid off, and we all got sick. I am STILL sick. Don't worry though, thank goodness for AAA - I think we only need to get a new battery for our car and Craig had a meeting w/ his team and manager and found out that although they have cut back on some employees in other positions . .all the Investment Counselors (Craig's Position) should be safe . .they are the ones that practically keep the company together so that was a relief!! On a brighter, more cup half full note . .
we were able to visit the Portland Oregon Temple grounds and they were absolutely beautiful!

The grounds were so peaceful and perfect . .I hope that soon Craig and I are able to do a session and go inside!

Here is Jace smelling the flowers . .he is turning into such a big boy!
We have ALL been really busy . .

Craig has been really busy watching BYU games, preparing for Rivalry Week and the much anticipated BYU vs. Utah game . .he's so funny and susperstitious. He refuses to wear the color RED during this week and I get in trouble if I give the kids a Blue sippy cup w/ a Red lid on top. What a nut . .I love him anyways though and I've been really proud of him lately. He is such a wonderful husband and daddy. He always takes time when he gets home to play w/ the kids . .there favorite game is Tickle Monster. Craig lays on the floor w/ his eyes closed and growls a bit .. the kids run around/over him and if he catches them then they get tickled by the tickle monster. They NEVER get sick of it. Craig is so good at providing for us not only physically but spiritually as well. For the last couple months Jace has been waking up w/ bad dreams crying . .usually Night Terrors . .where is still asleep but cries out in the night. We have been really worried and one or both of us goes in to comfort him but a few nights ago while I was in with him trying to calm him down Craig came in and gave him a father's blessing. It was so wonderful! Jace hasn't woken up in the middle of the night since. Craig was recently called to be the Second Counselor of the Elder's Corum in our new ward and he has really excelled . .I'm just so proud of him right now. I'm such a worry wart and he always calms me down and he lets all of us know how much he loves us . .Anyways . .I Love you Craig!
Jace . .

. . .has turned into such a big boy lately and he has such a big imagination! His obsessions have changed from Vacuums, and Carpet Cleaners to Tools, Lawnmowers and Heater Vents . .I know . .we have an odd one. The other day I was talking to my mom on the phone and telling her about how Jace is completely obsessed with heater vents and when he heard me say that he perked right up and said "did I hear someone say the word heater vent" I cracked up laughing! He's such a nut. He is a bossy little guy though. It amazes me how authoratative he is even with other adults . .Craig heard this story about how another man was having the same problem with his little boy and he prayed about it and had an impression to just be patient because his spirit was actually older then his. It wouldn't suprise me if this was the case with Jace.

The other day I found him sitting in an old box . .I asked him what he was doing and he told me that he was sitting in his airplane.

The next day I spent the whole morning turning that "box" into an airplane. It was actually quite fun and I thought it turned out great. Jace was so happy . .he just kept telling me "mommy, your the bestest mommy in the whole world". After that he took me on an airplane ride to the beach . .one with warm water was what he told me. I think the airplane box didn't last through a whole week without getting destroyed but we sure had fun while it lasted. Lately I've been wondering what happened to my little momma's boy because he is ALL about daddy now. I think it's a stage that's he's going through - he just wants to be just like daddy and hang out with him all day long. He loves playing ball with Craig, watching games with him, and most of all hearing daddy stories before he goes to bed. He does still get into some mischief though . .like

. . painting my little girl. This of course was partly my fault because I left the halloween face paints out on the counter. I've never seen such colorful little rugrats! :)


. .and stealing cake!

Mostly he's just a sweetheart though . .he likes to help me with cleaning and laundry. It's been quite interesting because soon after we moved here he decided that he didn't want to take a nap during the day anymore. For a while I tried to make him take a nap but he's so stubborn that it just wasn't worth the fight so I let him decide if he was going to take a nap or not. Since then he usually takes a nap everyday . .usually in random spots around the house. Here he is propped up against two laundry baskets on my bed. What a silly little guy!
Brookie Michelle . .

has been busy being my little girly girl. She is always carrying around her little necklaces and bracelets. One of her favorite toys is this little purse that sings to her. She keeps her plastic jewerly, toy keys, play money, and toy lipstick in it and just carry's it around w/ her. She also has become a huge fan of baby dolls. She loves carrying around dolls and giving them cuddles, kisses, & trying to blow rasberry's on them (one of her favorite things to do . .not so feminine) then she says " oh, baby . .baaaaby" and gives the doll to Craig or I to babysit while she goes off and plays. She loves her word book and the book "Baby Please Baby" especially when daddy reads it. She's starting to talk so much more then she used to although most of her vocabulary still includes grunts, gibberish, and pointing. This has been new to us since Jace started talking so early and so clearly . .from what I hear . .he got that from Craig. She LOVES to dance! Whenever I turn on music you can be sure to see Brooke breaking it down. It fun to watch her and it reminds me of when I was 4 yrs old and making up dances to the music from The Little Mermaid. Brooke also just had her one yr. well check even though she's 15 months old. I felt horrible but I tried to get it done before we moved but the immunizations have to be so far apart and it wasn't possible to do before we moved. We then had to wait 3 months to have the insurance kick in w/ the new job. She is only 9% for weight and 19% for height. That was a shocker because she has always been my little chunky baby. . .when she was about 4 months old she was like 90% on weight and 50% on height. I was a little concerned but the doc said not to worry . .she's such a little busy bee that even though she eats tons everyday she just burns it right off or poops it out. We change like 3-5 poopy's a day w/ her. One of her nicknames is the black hole because it seems like she never gets full.
I have been busy taking care of the house & kids. It's been raining a lot lately so we have been doing fun indoor activities. I'm trying to teach Jace about Letters right now. He has A & B down (we just started) ..he points them out all the time for me. We have been baking a lot of chocolate chip cookies because ther're Jace's favorite and he loves to help me! I have also read the entire Twilight Saga in the last month. The last 2 books in the last 3 days. I just finished Breaking Dawn last night. It's nice to have a good book when you don't feel good - I hate being sick! Craig has been keeping the house together the last couple days while I recover.
2 comments:
Hey Heather,
Your blog is so cute. I really enjoyed reading everything. Your kids are growing up so fast. I'm sad that I'm missing it. You live in a beautiful place, I can't wait to see it. I hope that you feel better soon.
Love the airplane box! Very creative! I bet Josie would love something like that. I love that Jace painted all over Brooke. It seems the younger one always ends up being the canvas for the older one.
Post a Comment