Oct 13, 2011

We Love It When . . .


We love it when Nani and Grandpa come for a visit!  They stayed with us for a week before heading back to the cold weather up north.  It was wonderful to have some family around.  I've been getting kind of lonely lately.  I feel a little like a single mom and most of my good friends from last year have moved.  Craig has been SO busy with school and job fairs/applications/interviews that I hardly get to see him anymore.  With Paula and Robert around with did lots of fun things.  We spent an afternoon at the mall, went to a movie, shopped for baby clothes, rooted for Jace at his t-ball game, went to the park, and did swimming at the pool on campus.  The kids had a blast and I even got to go on a date with my husband! YAY!  We went out to eat at a pub across the street from the theater then we saw Moneyball with Brad Pitt.  I really liked it even though it was a baseball movie.  It was great to have some time alone with Craig just to talk as well.  The kids got spoiled like crazy while they were here!  They brought treats, toys and new clothes for each of them and then while we were at the mall they let them each pick out another small toy, play in the play place, and ride the train.  They also took them to see The Lion King in 3D.  Mommy is not nearly as fun.

Jace was SUPER excited to show Nani & Grandpa the book he made all by himself.  It's called "War Machines by Jace" and it has all sorts of pictures that he colored of fighter jets, tanks, missiles, battleships, torpedo's, etc.  It cracks me up because he always draws the 'bad' guys fighter jets with the big red circles getting bombed.  I'm trying to convince him that the Japanese are our friends now.  He's not buying it though because he's seen the attack scenes on Pearl Harbor too many times.  I think he had them both look through that book about a million times.  He was so proud of it.  I was proud of him for making it ... since it wasn't a school project or anything.. just something he wanted to do.  He loves the little toy f-15 that Grandpa brought for him and has had it in his hands at all times since the second he laid eyes on it (except for at school).

Brooke sang them songs and gave them hugs all week long.  She's such a lovable little thing.  She likes to sing "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly" and she just learned the 5pumpkins on a fence song at school for Halloween and likes to sing them over and over again.  The day she came home from preschool to an empty house was a sad day.  She said "You know what I HATE!?!"  .... "When Nani and Grandpa go home.. that's what I hate."  Then she pouted around the house for a good 1/2 hour until she got distracted in the toy room with her babies.  I kept reminding her that they would be back at Christmas time but that's still such a long time away for a 4 yr old.

Anyways,  we love you Nani and Grandpa.  We love it when you come and visit us!

Brooke's pout ... the water was a little too cold.



Yikes ... this water is COLD.

Playing torpedos with Grandpa.





The squiggly palm trees on campus are kind of cool!


Nani & Brooke.

1 comment:

Mommio said...

I'm glad you had fun visitors! Looks like you had a great time. Sure do love you!