I hope after all your April showers you get a rainbow as beautiful as this one:
Jace painted this in preschool the other day. It was rainbow day because they were talking about the letter R. Jace loved it because he LOVES rainbows. Last Sat. we hiked up to Hardy Falls on the Washington side of the Colombia River Gorge. It was beyond beautiful. The kids had a blast. The favorite was the Pool of Winds. The waterfall would fall down and swish around in this little pool before it dropped again and they had a viewpoint from the trail that went right up to the pool. When you got up there it blasted your face with a gush of mist and all you could see was this magnificent waterfall and a gigantic rainbow. To Jace it was pure bliss. Here he is trying to touch the rainbow:
We've been having fun seeing the sights and I've been taking more pictures then ever just trying to capture the beauty here before we leave. Yep . . .you heard me . . leave. We just found out yesterday that Craig has been accepted to Graduate School to get his MBA. I'm so proud of him! We'll sure miss it here though. There are still so many places to see and things to do here. I think we're going to have a busy next few months. Here is my attempt at capturing a very green Northwest spring:
Shown here is Hardy Falls, Colombia River Gorge, Beacon Rock State Park, Dugan Falls, Washougal River, and just everything green within a few miles of the house. I'll probably add to it later with some pictures of the Colombia River. It still amazes me that it is this beautiful here. I love it.
Happy April! I hope you get to enjoy some rainbows & waterfalls.
P.S. I'll keep you posted on where we will be starting our newest adventure soon. We're still in the process of deciding.
1 comment:
Yet another adventure begins! :) I went to Washougal once and fell in love. I hope your next place is just as wonderful in its own ways!
Post a Comment