
The kids with Nani & Grandpa

Aunt Katie & Jace
Uncle Dave & Brooke
The next day we drove up to Park City. Robert and Paula had reserved Marriott's Mountainside Resort. The condo was really great and the beds were even better. That's one thing about Marriott, you always know that you'll sleep well . .at least until your kids climb in with you.
We had to stop on the way and pick up a swimsuit for me because of course I always forget something and it happened to be that this time. Finding a decent swim suit this late in the season is nearly impossible, everything was completly picked over and only one that was "okay" was a skimpy little 2 piece. I bought it even though it totally made me feel uncomfortable, like everyone had super x ray vision and could see every single little part of me. I felt way too exposed and spent most of the time submerged from the neck down. Oh well, the pool area was a little over crowded but still super cool ,especially the hot tubs, they had all these waterfalls running into them. It was beautiful.
Craig took Jace down the Alpine Slide for the first time. Here they are holding up their tickets.
Brooke and I waited patiently with grandpa Brammer while daddy, nani, and Jace enjoyed a sweet ride down the mountain . They kept stahling the slide because of sporadic drizzle so it was quite the wait. Brooke only pulled out her piggy tails 3 times due to extreme bordom.
Finally they made it down and Craig said that Jace laughed the entire way and wanted to go again the second they stopped at the bottom. We told him that we would take him and Brooke to the bounce house park instead.
But as soon as we got there it started raining pretty good and they closed it down. Here is Jace's sad face . .
. . and his happy face when Grandpa & Nani told him they would take him to a movie instead.
Brooke was very patient. She liked the rain. I guess she's used to it given the fact that we live in the NorthWest.
This is her silly look . .I think?
I don't really know for sure. And a family picture of course:
Jace got to go see the movie "UP" with Nani & Grandpa and Craig and I had a special little date with Brooke. We went out to eat at Cafe Rio, which we have totally missed since moving from Utah, and then nibbled on some authentic Italian Gilato. It was Mmmm Mmmm GOOD! I had pistacio almond and chocolate hazelnut and Craig had rasberry and strawberry. . . Brooke had a little of mine and a LOT of Craig's. She just kept saying "Mmmm es good" "Numma Nummas". Once she finished Craig's off . .I think Craig was able to sneak a few bites in too . .she wanted to share with me. She wasn't nearly as expressive of how good mine was though. While we were eating it was pouring rain outside . .we must have brought it with us from Vancouver. After that we went to the Tanger Outlets and we both got some new shoes at the Nike Store.
Later that evening Robert and Paula watched the kids and Craig and I went out to a movie. We saw "The Proposal". I thought it was pretty funny. Craig said he didn't like it but I caught him laughing out loud on more then one occasion. We also stopped at the Rocky Mountain chocolate factory on the way back. The date was awesome. It was fun to spend some alone time together. We kept racing to the car and were just being silly but it was so much fun.
We had an awesome time in Park City.
2 comments:
sounds like you guys have been busy! We went and watched the proposal.... I thought it was halarious! Robby enjoyed it to :)
Holy cow, she totally looks like Jenny when she was little. I love the goofy look, it's pretty stinken cute... and even though Jace is a little naughty he is seriously the cutest little kid. He has a cute face with adorable expressions.
Post a Comment