Apr 15, 2009

April Showers


Spring is here and in full bloom! We have been enjoying all the fragrant blossoming trees, blooming flowers, and greenery just popping up all over the place. Jace helped me plant these spring daffodil and tulip bulbs a few months back. I told him they're not for picking but he forgot. They look pretty inside too though.



Here is Brooke checking out the flowers in the front yard . . . . .we try to not let her get too close because she likes to pluck the petals off.



Brooke's hair is SLOWLY getting longer. I managed to get a single ponytail in today. . . . .on occasion two tiny piggy tails. They don't last very long though. She likes to pull them out.



Along with the flowers we get the rain too. Lots of it! Jace still enjoys being outside though. . .he just puts on his slicker and has a great time. Look he found a ladybug!



He also likes using his double shooting bubble/water gun. Unfortunately, it got taken away because it's not aloud in the house and on more then one occasion I have found my little Brookie soaked and Jace's hand on the trigger.




Well, we hope you all had a wonderful Easter!



I didn't get any pictures of the kids in their Easter Sunday clothes . .we rushed off to a wonderful Easter dinner with some of Craig's family in Oregon and Brooke's dress was itchy and her nursery leaders said she was trying to disrobe the entire time. She was ready to take her dress off the second we got home. This picture of the kids is right before the Easter Egg hunt at the clubhouse on Sat. morning. I tried to post a video of it on here but it's not working . . maybe later. It was pretty funny. Jace got the hang of it and got lots of eggs but Brooke quickly grabbed 2 eggs and just wanted to stop after that and eat the candy inside. She threw a tantrum until Craig gave her a piece of candy . . . then the crying magically stopped. The little stink bug. Anyways, happy April everyone!

5 comments:

Mommio said...

Hi Heather, the kids and the flowers are so sweet! Looks like you are enjoying Spring--Summer is almost here, the lilacs are almost finished blooming and the roses have started! I love you--Give those sweet kids a hug from their Grandma

Heather said...

Fun pictures! I'm sure you've all been enjoying the sun like we have. Can't get enough of the outdoor play!

Katie Brammer said...

I LOVE these pictures! The one of Jace and the lady bug is so so cute! I also love brookie's pigtails! Give them a big hug for me!

Our ABC Family said...

Your pictures are too cute! Glad to hear you're enjoying the nice warm weather!

Meagan said...

Heather- I just had to comment on how impressed I am with your home- I think it looks great and so clean! I also wanted to say that I loved your post on Motherhood and Homemaking. I was laughing so hard and I realized it's exactly how I feel. Just know that you're not alone and every mom goes though it. Thanks for the reminder of what's really important. Motherhood is really one of the most rewarding things and from what I can tell- you're doing awesome at it:)